August 10, 2022
Using Research to Showcase Insights in the Global M&A Disputes Landscape
Building on our longstanding partnership with the Berkeley Research Group, a world-renowned consulting firm, Greentarget created and executed a research and market intelligence campaign to assess the global state of M&A disputes across a variety of industries and sectors.
The research report, M&A Disputes Report: A Global Perspective, analyzed the survey responses of 225 lawyers, private equity professionals, and corporate finance advisors.
Key findings from the December 2021 report included:
- Most deals deals started during the pandemic had since been completed, and most practices experienced minimal slowdown in volume.
- The types of disputes encountered were those expected of a distressed market.
- Sector type was a bigger determinant of M&A activity and dispute probability than region or cross-border dynamics.
- Respondents had mixed feelings about the effectiveness of MAC/MAE clauses as contractual tools to guard against post-closing disputes.
- The increasing frequency of private equity deals had changed the M&A landscape and will continue to impact how disputes arise and are litigated in 2022 and beyond.
The report directly generated a slew of earned media attention for Berkeley Research Group and provided its clients with valuable data.